GLUTEN FREE. DAIRY FREE. REFINED SUGAR FREE.
Hi everyone, welcome to my new gluten-free blog and my first ever post!
Of course it has to be my very own recipe for one of my favourite, simple and healthy dishes. You can alter this recipe according to taste and what you fancy on the day, it’s extremely versatile (for example, pancetta cubes instead of chorizo or kale instead of spinach).
Ingredients (2-3 people):
- 2 medium-sized white potatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 red onion
- 1 white onion
- 3 small cloves of garlic
- 120g diced chorizo (my personal favourite is ‘Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Iberico De Bellota’)
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 3 bits of frozen spinach
- Chop and par-boil all potatoes together in a pan for 5 minutes.
- Pan fry little strips or chunks of pepper, onion, chorizo, garlic until cooked.
- Cook spinach (I used the microwave and it was perfectly fine!) and add to the vegetable/meat mix.
- Throw all ingredients together in a large baking tray, followed by adding some paprika, cumin, turmeric, pepper and salt for seasoning.
- Bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes and enjoy!
When I made this particular batch for my nan when I stayed at hers, all ingredients were from Waitrose and I used frozen spinach (I would normally always used fresh but this is what she recommended and it was delicious!).